1000 Watts @ 4 ohms - Best Value Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

RLJ676
10+ year member

I'm looking to grab a DD 1508 for my truck w/ a S4, and am curious what the cheapest reasonable quality amp to power it could be. Gonna be in .75 cubes so I'd like to go as close to 1k watts as possible, for as close to $100. I'm figuring a 2 channel bridged will be the best bet.

So far I'm thinking audiopipe 2 ch at 600 watts for $ 111 (AP3002) but want to know if I'm missing anything.

I'd also go used if someone has something that'd fit the bill.

Need? Well, I don't need 1000 but would like it I guess haha. Really anything between 600 and 1000 would work, I just curious what else is out there that does it at 4 ohms.

How close is your M3a to $100, as I'd assume not very of course.

That is "double" the budget but interesting. My concern is what kind of draw would it have compared to newer designs? Is that made in the US?
yes USA made current draw not that bad for a class a/b

I'll think about it but that's a bit overkill for a single 8 haha.

Looking for something w/ a bit smaller footprint and draw.

Realistically, how much can the 1508 take daily? Im just curious...
I may just find out haha......

Honestly though I mostly listen to rock, and just want the ability to get dumb loud for short periods to kinda blow people's minds on a single 8. So daily I won't be abusing it really at all even w/ 1k on it.

So my two goals are cheap and loud on the 1 8, sorta just for the challenge and novelty of it. Still want to retain some sound quality too though but expect the box to have more to play w/ that.

I used a 25 to Life Punch 150 on a single 1508 and it lived to tell the tale. IIRC, the birthsheet on that one was 900+ watts RMS with all channels driven, and I only paid $150 for it used. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In fact, my cousin is still using one of those 8s (I had a pair) with my old 2 ohm stable Power 1000bd, and he loves the output that he gets from those 8s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.