2 p210s4 enclosure.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeremyblevins
10+ year member

hello everyone,

i'm currently in the planning stages of building my subwoofer enclosure for my 2 rockford p210s4. i plan on powering them with a rockford p3001 amp. anyways i am design my sub based of the manufacturer recommended air space for ported enclosures which is 1.25 ft^3 and the enclosure i plan on building is basically 2 ported enclosure because there's a divider in the center to keep both subs from going if one goes. but the closest i can get is around 2.4847 ft^3. should this be close enough or will it effect the sub? also the sub has an fs of 32 hz and i have the port tuned to 33.72 hz is this decent for a well rounded setup or should i raise it to closer to 35 but the port size works for me because it's 2.5x2.5x10 (inside dimensions square). And finally my amp doesn't have a built in subsonic filter so i would need to have one to keep for destroying it's self cause bass box pro at around 24hz the sub will go beyond it's Xmax so what kind would i need to get or if the circuit isn't too complicated i am proficient enough to build one myself.

thanks for you're help and time and sorry for the long paragraph. haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

okay well the line in bass box goes a dark red color which i think means it has the potential to harm the speaker. sorry if i used the wrong term still don't know what half of them mean. haha

why is that?
Most of the time people don't put that much thought into an enclosure for lowerend subwoofers because well..they are cheap. I'm actually glad to see someone putting the effort to get the most out of there sub(s). I don't know the specs of the P2, I would have to look them up and check to see were your at with your enclosure.

Most of the time people don't put that much thought into an enclosure for lowerend subwoofers because well..they are cheap. I'm actually glad to see someone putting the effort to get the most out of there sub(s). I don't know the specs of the P2, I would have to look them up and check to see were your at with your enclosure.
i'm glad you said that because your first post got me irritated at this forum. haha and they may be cheap but the one i have now is actually pretty good by it's self just looking for more, and i didn't put my first enclosure very well.

okay so if the subsonic is my only problem then do you all have another alternative for it, i've seen the rca fmods but for 25 it's kinda steap. and it only has a 12 db slope at 30 hz or should that be enough?

Trade ur amp or sell it for an amp that has a ssf. And don't let people talking about mainstream gear get to u. U can get a 12" fosgate for $89 rated 250 rms and it be just as loud as fi x and cheaper

Trade ur amp or sell it for an amp that has a ssf. And don't let people talking about mainstream gear get to u. U can get a 12" fosgate for $89 rated 250 rms and it be just as loud as fi x and cheaper
I said nothing of mainstream gear..I talked of cheap gear and doing a ton of work for said gear.

I said nothing of mainstream gear..I talked of cheap gear and doing a ton of work for said gear.
regardless of the gear i think it's good for the money i paid for them. but anyways it's what i got. what about the subsonic filter? and pro-rabbit did you ever look up the sub to make sure my plans are right i would appreciate it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

an ssa dcon is 125, thats cheap, does it mean it doesnt deserve a nice properly built enclosure???

sa 8 is 135, thats cheap, does it not deserve the right enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.