8400bh vs 8053 eclipse.

Participant count
  • Participant list

rebelfromva
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
VA
Thinking of picking up an eclipse 8053. This hu is active capable vs my 8400bh not being able to. Would this be a wise upgrade. I would lose mp3cds without the add on but woukd gain active and 8/16v outs. How does that work on the hu? Any opinions please.

the 8053 is an older hu correct? I used to have one of those it worked incredible very clean there is no amplifier inside of it. I thought that it would play mp3 cds but it's been 12 years since I had one.

I believe you have to use it with the "Eclipse Commander"....that's if my memory serves me right. That is a very nice SQ geared HU. I think it also has an auxillary input.

It depends on what you really want out of your system, and which head unit will help you get there. Take a close look at this, then weigh the pros and cons of both HU's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.