anyone have the new type r yet?

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
the 2012 model i'm thinking about getting the 12 inch version of it if i can get a good deal and put it in a box to specs and on a dx1000.1. i've heard of probably two people that's had it so far and they say it's the most impressive sub from alpine yet. anyone have it who wants to review it? i kinda want it it looks pretty sexy imo

sounds a little unmotivating for me to get it after that
If its Alpine its gonna be good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sounds a little sarcastic

btw it'd be replacing an sa-12 with a tear in the surround so i'm hoping it'll be an upgrade

The new models get loud but to be honest I think a new SA 12 would make you happier...imo
i'm mostly looking at a sub to get loud and low off 1000 watts in a pretty small enclosure so this seems like my best bet besides a dc level 4 but those are about twice as much as this is
I like most Alpine products
have you heard any of their new stuff yet?

why are you switching out an SA?
if it aint sundown, it aint shit
wanna try something new plus i dont like this whole hole in the surround thing thats going on. i either want the new type r or a vvx 12 now
Fvck Sundown
i actually really like mine if i wasn't bad with a screwdriver it'd have no problems. it's taken a beating like a champ

I'd go with the VVX 12 if you are looking for the lows.
How small of a box is it going in?
yeah i've always been pretty interested in those just didn't know if it'd be a big difference from the SA. but the box would probably be around 1.8 before displacement

I've been running Alpine subs for awhile had 2 12" Old than 2 new now i'm running 8 10" Alpine r's I like them but with the 12" i was using a Fosgate T1000 to push them and I would always smell coil burning than they crap out after some time but with the 10's no problems yet. I could just of pushed them to hard they do sound nice for what they are. If i had money to buy new subs would i go with alpine again? NO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.