Best way to add highs?

So I've got 2 10 inch alpines and they bang now I'm just wondering whats the best way to get good highs? I've got 4 stock speakers but I'm happy with the vocals, should i get some tweeters or just upgrade my speakers?
Upgrade the stock speakers to some 3ways or even 4 ways. The built in tweeters on those will add plenty of highs to even out the system

If your on a really right budget you could just add tweeters. The right way and recommended way is to replace the speakers with decent quality coaxial and an amp. If you don't mind a slightly more in depth install components will sound a bit cleaner. If you could come up with a decent budget we could point you in the right direction.

Fvck 3way and 4way dumb speakers, those are for noobs.

Get a nice component set and a small 4ch amp like an alpine 300x4 or something similar.

Or get some crescendo pwx 6.5s and some soft dome tweeters with a cross over. Then alittle amp like I stated above.

So I've got 2 10 inch alpines and they bang now I'm just wondering whats the best way to get good highs? I've got 4 stock speakers but I'm happy with the vocals, should i get some tweeters or just upgrade my speakers?
What's the year, make and model of your vehicle?

Upgrade the stock speakers to some 3ways or even 4 ways. The built in tweeters on those will add plenty of highs to even out the system
no, thats a horrible way to do it. Unless its top of the line coaxials with a lot of sound processing to help the staging, results are not good with those. The 3 or 4 way is a super marketing gimmick, most of those tweets are useless and not properly crossed over either, just asking for a bunch of distortion at that point vs a 2 way coaxial with a built in crossover.

While a component set or 2 way active set will allow you to move the soundstage up to your ear level and get the sound away from being trapped by your legs.

I'm not really looking to spend more than $300, it sounds likes component speakers are might be my best choice, I dont know anything about what the best speaker brands are though

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

its a 2002 toyota corolla LE

Drop coaxials in factory holes and get a little 50X4 amp. Kicker, Infinity/Jbl, Alpine, Rockford, pretty much any of the big box store brand should make a budget coaxial that'll hang with 50W and get you the output you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.