box design SketchUp

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoomBoxStereo
10+ year member

@woofergram
i managed to whip this rough design up in SketchUp with the following dimensions given to me by @Better\-Action ; thanks again for the help! if anyone would like to double check what i have going on here, please do! much appreciated!

doubled up MDF to eliminate need for bracing (1.5 inch MDF except for inner port wall)
top/bottom piece - 40" wide by 17" deep.
right side - 17" high by 14" deep.
left side (outer port wall) 17" high by 15.5" deep.
front - 34.25" wide by 17" high.
rear - 40" wide by 17" high

the port is 17" high by 2.75" wide, 24 inches in total length. on the left (driver) side. it uses 3 common walls. it is tuned to 31.5hz with 11.5" of port per square foot.

2927crk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the actual H x W x D?

That is a bit hard to follow or maybe it is just me.

It does look like a box though, so good start I guess. I did read your email, and it was harder to follow then this. I don't agree with the full double baffle idea.

What are the actual H x W x D?
That is a bit hard to follow or maybe it is just me.

It does look like a box though, so good start I guess. I did read your email, and it was harder to follow then this. I don't agree with the full double baffle idea.
total height - 1' 8"

total width - 3' 4"

total depth - 1' 5"

is the first sub going to be interfering with the port? cant see on phone all that well.
it's a 24" port... 12.75" deep giving 2.75" clearance from the wall throughout. both subs are going to have to be shifted to the bottom right so they don't interfere with the port... is this okay?

I recommended double baffle because it worked for the space he wanted to use and still has the Correct internal volume, and so he wouldn't have to brace. With the 45s, the port and the 1.5" thickness no bracing will be needed. Although I'm not about to argue with rabbit over a design, Guy knows his stuff.

okay well the box is complete and sounds great!! :present: @Better\-Action ;

download-18.jpeg

download-19.jpeg

download-20.jpeg

(in the last photo it looks like theres a gap between the top plate and the rear wall, but there isn't. the top just overhangs a little bit. when i come back home from school in december i'm going to make it nice and flush and paint will be added. anybody have any cosmetic recommendations?

You used the most recent cut sheet I sent you for .75"? Looks good for your first box, good work man. I'd recommended sanding the crap out of it. Get everything nice and smooth. Maybe paint it?

You used the most recent cut sheet I sent you for .75"? Looks good for your first box, good work man. I'd recommended sanding the crap out of it. Get everything nice and smooth. Maybe paint it?
paint will definitely be added once i'm back home again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.