Buzzing sound sent to subs from amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just got my new sub in and it sounds good but about halfway up the volume I get a sound like the sub is kinda blown....like that buzzing sound. If I turn it up a bit more it completely goes away and everything is fine. I thought maybe my old sub was blown but now with the new one it's gonna be something with the amp. Anyone know what this could maybe be or to fix it?

I just got my new sub in and it sounds good but about halfway up the volume I get a sound like the sub is kinda blown....like that buzzing sound. If I turn it up a bit more it completely goes away and everything is fine. I thought maybe my old sub was blown but now with the new one it's gonna be something with the amp. Anyone know what this could maybe be or to fix it?
1. Make sure grounds on your amplifier are good. Could be a ground loop and your just not hearing it when you turn it up loud.

2. Make sure all connects on subwoofer are good.

3. make sure subwoofer is securely mounted in box.

4. with everything off. Push your subwoofer down. Does it sound scratchy. does it make any sound? it shouldnt, it should be totally silent.

5. Could be port noise, could be tinsel slap.

6. make sure your power and rcas are ran totally away from eachother.

Might be the ground then I'll check....it's not all the time. Its like it's random and only sometimes.
If its random. Its most likely a loose wire.

Your ground should be touching bare metal and be no longer than 18in from the amp. Sand down any paint ontop of the metal your attached too.

What equpiment are you running and what car do you drive?

take a DMM. set it to OHM. run the positive probe to the negative of your battery. Run the negative probe to the place where your grounding. you should be getting a read out of less than 1 ohm. Preferablly you should be getting **** near 0.2 ohms. What your looking for is a direct and resistance free connecting between your battery negative and your ground to chassis. If its a high resistance. You will be getting a very bad connection.

I have a 350z....I just put in my new SQ hdc312 today and the sub amp is a nine.1....I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna get a sq 2200 or maybe one of the fsd2600. I'm just trying to stay to where I don't have to upgrade my electrical.

I have a 350z....I just put in my new SQ hdc312 today and the sub amp is a nine.1....I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna get a sq 2200 or maybe one of the fsd2600. I'm just trying to stay to where I don't have to upgrade my electrical.
Not to hijack the thread but I was in the same situation where i said SQ2200 vs FSD 2600, i went with the FZ2600 for making more power and at a killer deal right now, and if your worried about electrical, just turn the gain down for now. Atleast you will have the option of having more power.

Yeah I know that and I could soon if I wanted to....I just wasn't sure if it would be worth it cause that's another good chunk of money for maybe like 2 db right? Which wouldn't be crazy noticeable right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.