Can I use a single din head unit in my truck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

brysonbrantley
10+ year member

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche and have about $200 for a new head unit. But the problem is that my truck has a double din stereo and I want to know if I can use a single din, and if so how will it be installed to not look messed up. And if anyone has any recommendation on a good head unit I should buy for that price, please let me know. Thanks.

Also needs to have a usb port. Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

and how much would a dash kit run?

Hell for like $250 you can get a good Pioneer Double Din. But as for decks around $200 that are single din, I would look into Kenwood or Alpine. eBay has some real good deals, and a lot of times, some companies like crutchfield.com, will include a dash kit with your purchase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.