Coil fried or..?

Participant count
  • Participant list

anders1127
10+ year member

I have a Kicker Cvr 12" 4 ohm, wired to a kenwood 600 watt amp but ever since I've had the sub I've tried wiring it down to a 2 ohm load, every time I try to, it begins to do a "heart beat" distortion and end up wiring it back in a series, 8 ohm load. This sub was brand new and is only 2-3 months old

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a problem with the sub itself, I've tried it to three different amps, few days ago I upgraded my power wire to 4 Awg and other wires but tried it with a new 1000 watt mono amp that's also 2 ohm stable, it didn't get warm or anything but the sub did the same thing again. I'm wiring it just as the kicker wiring diagram says to, - black/white dot, + red/non white to amp, then a wire from red to red and black to black. But I don't, stock HU with low level line out, car is 2012 jeep, haven't had the extra money to upgrade the headunit yet since it needs the Chrysler specific harness and all.

Do you think it could be the LOC? I'm starting to think it's the problem. I got it done at the local car audio place since at the time I didn't know how to install one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.