cubic feet of a box

Participant count
  • Participant list

beat-down69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I started on my box build today and have 1/2 of it done.

The box demensions are

54inch width

17inch depth

20inch height

About a month ago I went on the12volt.com website and went to box calculators and according to that it said the cubic sq footage of my box was 7.69 well i went back just about 20 min ago and punched inthe same demesions and now it says 8.71 So i am wondering what the deal is. How do i find the true cubic foot of my box.

Any and all help will be greatly apreciated

Multiply the L X W X H (in inches) then divide by 1728.

Dont forget to figure in the thickness of the MDF.. if your using 3/4" MDF, youd multiply...

52.5 x 15.5 x 18.5 then divide by 1728. Also dont forget to figure in your port/driver displacement as well as whatever bracing. 8.71 is correct...

ok thanks this last time that i punched it in it came up with 8.71 and yes im using 3/4 mdf. The sub displacement is .19 each so for both of them they are .38 I am going to use two 8 inch aeroports and tune it around 55

8.71 ft^3 looks correct for a 3/4" thick box with the outside dimensions you supplied. If the box was ~1 3/16" thick, it would be 7.69 ft^3. This is excluding cleats, supports, port assemblies, and the speakers themselves

I wish there was a place around here that i could of gotten thicker material but 3/4 was the best i can find. LOL It should be fine though. Thanks for your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.