Does rear speakers improves driver audio experience?

MicraMan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I only have speakers on the front part of the vehicle, and I am wondering if having also speakers on the rear zone, on the area of the passengers, not upon the baggage part, would improve my audio experience while driving.

I have to buy the amp and the front speakers, so before doing it I think it would be better to have your opinion about it.

Thanks

I prefer with rather than without, but the volume is kept very low. If I can localize the sound source, it's too loud.
It's like surround sound. The effect is best when kept subtle.

Last edited:
Personally I say no. My front end is loud enough the kid says it's too loud. A bigger impact to my enjoyment was the integration of a front sub. Best investment 2nd only to dsp I've ever made.

Next investment is better measurement system with an external sound card and loop back for better phase alignment

The rearfill in my saturn don't add enough to do again

And I'll secondwhat @winkychevelle said...doing a front sub was huge improvement in my enjoyment...I wouldn't do another vehicle without one

Hi, I only have speakers on the front part of the vehicle, and I am wondering if having also speakers on the rear zone, on the area of the passengers, not upon the baggage part, would improve my audio experience while driving.

I have to buy the amp and the front speakers, so before doing it I think it would be better to have your opinion about it.

Thanks
personally i enjoyed it more upgrading my rears to some memphis ms62s

The most important thing to remember when adding rear fill is to use the same tweeter. Tweeters have a distinct timbre and when different than the front, will definitely draw you backwards away from the front stage, even at low volume.

Many lines of comps offer coaxial models with the same tweeters as their component brethren that can be used for the rear fill. All things considered, try and always use the same tweeters in the rear as you do in the front. It's the same reason you will find the same consideration/recommendation for home theater surround systems, changes in timbre impart directionals that you don't want

The most important thing to remember when adding rear fill is to use the same tweeter. Tweeters have a distinct timbre and when different than the front, will definitely draw you backwards away from the front stage, even at low volume.

Many lines of comps offer coaxial models with the same tweeters as their component brethren that can be used for the rear fill. All things considered, try and always use the same tweeters in the rear as you do in the front. It's the same reason you will find the same consideration/recommendation for home theater surround systems, changes in timbre impart directionals that you don't want
oh really dam i didnt know that, so for example i just got some memphis ms62 for the rears, i would wnat to get the same ones for the front to right? but crutchfeild says it doesnt fit for somreason even though its same size

It's subjective, but I prefer fronts only. As loud as most of our systems are, the rear passengers can hear the fronts just fine. Imagining even improves in the rear seats because of equal path length distances.

It's subjective, but I prefer fronts only. As loud as most of our systems are, the rear passengers can hear the fronts just fine. Imagining even improves in the rear seats because of equal path length distances.
i agree i agree i will be running a pretty mild setup just 2 skar 12s at 1200w and the 4 6.5s still not sure abt fronts. i eventually wil b upgrading the alt and running more power but not a 2nd amp. what you recommend for the fronts?

oh really dam i didnt know that, so for example i just got some memphis ms62 for the rears, i would wnat to get the same ones for the front to right? but crutchfeild says it doesnt fit for somreason even though its same size
It's a choice to have rear fill or not. What's the year make and model of the car and what are you running up front?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...