Hard-wired clipping indicator ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
Ct Sounds makes one but I'm not sure if it works with all amplifier or just theirs, the unit from Crescendo Audio only works with certain crescendo audio amplifiers..

I have a bass knob under dash but no clip indicator on it, the amplifier does have a clipping indicator LED built-in so depending on my options (if i have any) i could always relocate the LED using a length of suitable wire and mount it in/on or next to the bass knob..

Thoughts ?

Negative comments are always welcome, I wouldn't feel like i was at caraudio.com without the usual assanine replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could manually wire a new led externally from the original led.

As far as an indicator from another amp would not work unless it was wired the same as an indicator connector on one amp could be different (pin placements).

You could always just purchase another indicator like ct sounds, but fabricate a connector and mount it to the amp shell.

Then wiring it just like how ct sounds does so it will interact with the knob how it is suppose to.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

You could manually wire a new led externally from the original led
Thank-you, that's what i was thinking also, the clipping indicator circuitry already exists in the amplifier so it makes the most sense just to relocate the LED for the clipping indicator..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

one thing about clipping indicator - it only tells you when the amp is beyond its capability of producing a clean signal - it however will not tell you if your playing a dirty clipped signal from your headunit - or recorded music source.

so

if your playing a song from a cd you burned from ripped youtube songs or something like that - and the bass frequencys on the song are already clipped on the recording that your playing - its still clipped. your amp is not going to tell you its clipped because of this. the little clip light indicator on the amp only comes on when the amp is pushed beyond what it can cleanly produce.

just a fyi - you might of already knew this - but some might not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.