Have a ported box, need another box. ported or sealed? add another? build one more?

casemods
10+ year member

Custom User Title
I have a single ported box, 1.0 but it's for a 12" and I made an adapter ring for it and it works great.

I am getting a second clarion WQ2510D and I'm not sure how to box it.

I would like a simple addon of a sealed box because that would be the easiest IMO and would give me best of both worlds

Then if one fails I would still have bass.

I would also like to make a custom box that fits behind the rear seats so I have my cargo area back and there isn't just a sloppy box thrown in the back.

Any suggestions?

Pic is current sub and box. (click image for full size)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif throw that prefab box away and build a real box theres several ppl on here who design if your not sure how to design on

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif throw that prefab box away and build a real box theres several ppl on here who design if your not sure how to design on
I planned on doing that because I want a custom box that fits the back seats and gives me my cargo space back.

Whatever design you choose, the subs should share the enclosure.
The airspace? I had a dual 12" old school audiobahn box that had each side sealed from each other and it sounded great. I like the idea of having bass even if one fails

Subs fail, it happens. Plus these subs will have a warranty for 4 years, so I won't exactly be babying them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

They will sound different on the same tones, meaning it will sound like ****... I dont take it easy on my subs but they dont fail unless I want them to.. You have much to learn grasshopper, most warrenties dont cover burnt coils

this is best buy 4 year protection plan.

Besides, I push this sub to it's limits and it doesn't distort.

I can't imagine how people don't notice the sub sounding like ****...

The chat guy said it would cover blown subs..

don't knock them just because they are from best buy.

these are $100 with 4 year warranty for 500w rms, and the sub needs .5 sealed.

They hit **** hard.

I don't think you can find something as good as that all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.