having amp problems, need help fast

Participant count
  • Participant list

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
the other day my RCA's were torn out of my amp and broke off. the amp was working fine before this btw. so today i went to get better rca's and when i go to turn my amp on it's working fine at first but then for no reason the bass got way quieter and it was acting like the amp was putting out about 1/4th of it's actual power. also whenever the bass hit the light on my bass knob dims to almost nothing which never happened before.

While i was switching out the rca's the remote wire also got ripped out of the deck but i fixed that and the amp turns on. but now the amp is going into protect mode and barely puts out any power. i checked the fuses they were fine but then i checked the fuse holder for the power wire and it was half melted and the wires around it looked black/burnt. could this be the issue i'm having? because it acted like the amp was drawing twice as much power as normal and putting out barely anything. my amp is an audioque 1200d and the wires are cadence 4 gauge

the other day my RCA's were torn out of my amp and broke off. the amp was working fine before this btw. so today i went to get better rca's and when i go to turn my amp on it's working fine at first but then for no reason the bass got way quieter and it was acting like the amp was putting out about 1/4th of it's actual power. also whenever the bass hit the light on my bass knob dims to almost nothing which never happened before.
While i was switching out the rca's the remote wire also got ripped out of the deck but i fixed that and the amp turns on. but now the amp is going into protect mode and barely puts out any power. i checked the fuses they were fine but then i checked the fuse holder for the power wire and it was half melted and the wires around it looked black/burnt. could this be the issue i'm having? because it acted like the amp was drawing twice as much power as normal and putting out barely anything. my amp is an audioque 1200d and the wires are cadence 4 gauge
Sounds like you need a new amp, open it up and check everything. Post pics of the internals.

Redo wiring around fuse while ur at it, gotta do it eventually anyways.

Sounds like you need a new amp, open it up and check everything. Post pics of the internals.
i'll try to see if i can get pics later. the problem is it was working completely fine until i switched out the RCA's. i don't abuse it either the only time it overheats is because i live in arizona where it tends to get to over 110 degrees on the daily

i'll try to see if i can get pics later. the problem is it was working completely fine until i switched out the RCA's. i don't abuse it either the only time it overheats is because i live in arizona where it tends to get to over 110 degrees on the daily
Were the RCAs ripped out of your amp or head unit?

Out of curiosity how the hell did you rip the RCAs out? lol

Were the RCAs ripped out of your amp or head unit?
Out of curiosity how the hell did you rip the RCAs out? lol
the amp. i'm not even sure like randomly one day it just turned off and i look back and see the rca's are broken off. they never really fit the amp right they were too big i think but somehow the metal part just like broke off of my poverty cadence RCAs

the amp. i'm not even sure like randomly one day it just turned off and i look back and see the rca's are broken off. they never really fit the amp right they were too big i think but somehow the metal part just like broke off of my poverty cadence RCAs
Weird...RCAs too big for an RCA input lol fishy

Go take pics of internals and get back at us. Do you have any friends with systems? If I'm having problems in my car I usually hook up amp to friends power supply and plug up my sub then see if problem persists.

check and see if the part of the rca that broke off is inside the amp.might be your problem.
it's not i checked it. could rca problems really cause amps to put out no power while drawing way too much though? and thanks for the help everyone i appreciate it

it's not i checked it. could rca problems really cause amps to put out no power while drawing way too much though? and thanks for the help everyone i appreciate it
depends you may have blown an output or one of the rca inputs may have been damaged

depends you may have blown an output or one of the rca inputs may have been damaged
dude no **** but i love you all i did was switch the rca's around and it's completely fine now. i was about to cry if i had to get a new amp

dude no **** but i love you all i did was switch the rca's around and it's completely fine now. i was about to cry if i had to get a new amp
That shouldn't of made a difference... This situation keeps getting weirder and weirder lol

you need to see if one of the rca inputs is bad tho .try using one rca input at a time .plug in the right side see how it sounds , then the left side see how it sounds then both .may be a bad rca cord or bad rca on the amp or deck.

you need to see if one of the rca inputs is bad tho .try using one rca input at a time .plug in the right side see how it sounds , then the left side see how it sounds then both .may be a bad rca cord or bad rca on the amp or deck.
Exactly, good eyedeeer

That shouldn't of made a difference... This situation keeps getting weirder and weirder lol
yeah idk somethings fucked up but as long as it's working im happy
yeah i'm almost positive i blew one of the inputs on my deck because i just did that and it was going back to being bad but when i switched it around it was fine. i didn't know it could cause my amp to do that weird kinda stuff though

You can just run it with one RCA plugged in right? I wouldnt plug in the fucked up one....on the other hand I might just be high. Am I wrong mylows10?

Im not too amplifier savvy when it comes to the technical stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.