HELP!!! DD3510sc sounds like crap

Try changing the positioning of the box. Also, 1.8cu before displacement is a joke for this sub (I didn't even see that in the first post). I'm running mine at 2.8 before displacement and I still want to go bigger.

When you post pics of the enclosure, can you also post up the specs on the enclosure? Perhaps something else would be to tell us about amp and head unit settings as well.

I agree about the speaker wire. You will not actually hear a difference when you upgrade....still a good idea to do so though.

Try changing the positioning of the box. Also, 1.8cu before displacement is a joke for this sub (I didn't even see that in the first post). I'm running mine at 2.8 before displacement and I still want to go bigger.
For a single 10...? 1.8 is actually quite a bit for a 10

I suspect not nearly enough port area/incorrect tuning. Some sort of design error

It also sounds like my port makes a blowing noise when it hits lower notes. Head unit settings are sub level at 15, bass mid and treble all at 0. High pass filter is at 160 Hz on head unit and Low pass filter for sub on head unit is at through. The amp is a monoblock a/b class rated at 1000 rms at 1 ohm, 500 rms at 2 ohms, and 350 rms at 4 ohms

It also sounds like my port makes a blowing noise when it hits lower notes. Head unit settings are sub level at 15, bass mid and treble all at 0. High pass filter is at 160 Hz on head unit and Low pass filter for sub on head unit is at through. The amp is a monoblock a/b class rated at 1000 rms at 1 ohm, 500 rms at 2 ohms, and 350 rms at 4 ohms
What headunit are you running? While most people disagree, I set my head unit sub out to 0 (neutral), set my gains accordingly, and only set the HPF and LPF on either the head unit or the amp, not both.

Set your HPF and LPF on your HU both at 80 and turn it off on your amp. (or set them on the amp and have the HU set to through)

Set the sub level to 0 and adjust your gains from there. Also your box isn't exactly ideal, I'd want to get someone who knows what they're doing to make you a custom ported box.

As the suspension loosens, it'll play louder and lower (sure worked for my AB HD12s), but 1kw isn't enough IMO. The port should be bigger also.

Ok then I will build a new box with bigger port and upgrade my electrical because I reset the gains and I can watch my volt meter drop and my lights dim when the bass hits. Does the big 3 really help a lot or will I also need a high output alternator?

The 3500 is nothing like a AQ HDC. They don't need a break in and should be tuned 32-35hz so he is good there. DD subs are very box picky, you need to have somebody thats knows what they are doing design it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.