Help with amp recommendation

ppi is now made by Epsilon which makes the new soundstream stuff, good stuff but not the best.I personally would rather have the cadence zrs series, more in line with sundown quality but hey. Overall i generally use old school amps for my highs, they just sound better to my ears. i love zed amplifiers.

I would make the opposite claim. PPI amplifiers are great for the price. They provide rated power and clean signal and this has been confirmed in tests. The only thing I don't like about PPI Phantom series is the low channel separation in the mid-30dbs, but their other lines don't suffer from this. Are PPI amplifiers Hertz or JL Audio good? Most likely not. However, for the money, PPI stuff is great. I will buy PPI product over MB Quart or Hifonics every day of week. On the other hand, Massive Audios NX series of amplifiers are quite overrated and I have seen negative reviews on DIYMA. For example here is a link to a test in Russian language that shows the NX4 provides 4x65watts RMS power at 14.4 voltage instead of the 4x100watts claimed.
×åòûð¸õêàíàëüíûé óñèëèòåëü Massive Audio NX4 - avtozvuk.com (use google translator if you're curious). Also the nx series are very compact with full range section being class A/B. These should be installed very carefully due to very highly likely heat issues. I don't mind sending 60watts to my speakers in many cases. However, I don't like buying products from a company that's not very honest about product specs.

Any opinions on the following?

2 amps (4 channel and mono) from the JL Audio JX series or from the Alpine MRX series?

JL Configuration:

JL Audio JX1000/1 (1000 watts at 2 ohms x 1)

JL Audio JX360/4 (70 watts at 4 ohms x 4)

Alpine Configuration:

Alpine MRX-M110 (1100 watts at 2 ohms x 1)

Alpine MRX-F65 (110 watts at 4 ohms x 4)

Any experience or opinions regarding either of these options?

I've also looked at MB Quart and Boston Acoustics amps recently ans would appreciate any input on their sq and reliability.

And sorry about the constant shifts in products, i wanna make sure i cover what the entire market (and this forum's experience) has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help guys,

I ended up purchasing the following:

Polk Audio db1222

Alpine MRX-F65

Alpine MRX-M100

I'm installing this upcoming week sometime.

Cheers!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.