I want my alt rebuilt

dennit469
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Clemson, SC
should i have mine sent off and rebuilt or just completly buy a new HO one, i was going to get it rebuilt to be a 200 amp or more alt. where can i send it and would it be more cost efficient to just buy one already built up?

car is a 01 lexus is300

Our local shop winds them for us, he goes kind of inbetween with them so they are reliable one has been on the truck better then a year now. 90amp became 120. He does not warrenty them any after he does it.

Had mine rebuilt by a local shop stock 95 amp to 200 amp. It went out had a 1 year warranty. Havent had any problem since out of it. I just dont think it puts out what they claim. Im dropping to 12.5 volts. I will be getting a mechman 270 in the near future. It would probably be best to spend money once and get an alt from a reputable company. Mechman, DC power, etc...

The local guys can get the larger ones also. They just order them from the supply house. They get truck delivery most times so no shipping cost and no shipping cost to get a warrenty or repair done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.