Is my fuse big enough? (that's what she said)

oo7

I am running two amps, first a 4 channel, then a mono to the subs. The main power wire (4g) runs through the car to the trunk where it splits into two 8g wires to each of the amps. I feel like I'm getting way less juice than I should from the sub amp. I've checked the connections, all look fine. Also, I have a 2 farad capacitor after the splitter to the sub amp. I was reading the manual for the 4channel amp (jl4300) and it stresses that the fuse must be able to handle whatever power you're running, which obviously makes sense. I don't know if fuses work this way, but my question is...

Is my 80A fuse big enough?

4 channel amp - 40a fuse

mono amp - two (30a) fuses

Do i need a 100A fuse near the battery because of the "math"? 40+30+30

Thanks for your help

"On the fuse question... Always fuse for the wire..."

What does that mean exactly?

Sorry I should have disclosed what a giant noob I am...

Speaking of noob questions, I've been reading the manuals to my equipment and it seems you can wire the two amps (4 channel & mono) to each other via RCA's. Is this recommended? Should the 'main wire' be disconnected (or the cap for that matter) when wiring two amps together.

My plan was to wire the subs to the 3&4 channels of the 4channel JL e4300, just to test the subs to make sure theyre functioning properly. The problem is my remote wire is connected in this line... batt, cap, mono, 4 channel.

Is it okay to just connect the two amps with RCA's (without draining the cap and disconnecting any wires)?

JL900/5 on the way eventually, just playing around trying to get used to my equipment and car audio in general.

Thanks, still lost on the fuse question...

shouldnt you be asking your girlfriend if your fuse is big enough?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

you should always have a fuse block roughly 6-12 from the battery. just to make sure nothing will happen to your amps... if you feel like your not getting the power the amp needs, use a multimeter to the battery and amp to make sure they are putting out the right amount of power... if that checks out, run a bit heavier gauge wire to your amps and to the battery

I have a 1500 mono amp and my 0 gauge came with a 300 amp fuse. I haven't had any problems...yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.