Is this bad?

2Dcore
10+ year member

F*It
PA.
I traded a guy on here my subs for an amp. I get the amp and it looks rough so i figured if it works i'll deal with it. so i wanted to make sure nothing was burnt or messed up before i take the time to hook it up. it all looks great except one thing caught my eye so i look up a gut shoot and see it is brunt off and missing. Is this going to effect it's performance or will it even work at all? Any help on this would be appreciated

View attachment 26536055

It right behind the power input, Sorry for the lack of knowledge but it's supposed to have to of the transistor looking things but ones burnt off. It's a Kicker KX2500 Thanks

Well i got ripped off than, The only reason i opened it was because it looked like someone pried it to get it open. That's what caught my eye right away.

I traded a guy on here my subs for an amp. I get the amp and it looks rough so i figured if it works i'll deal with it. so i wanted to make sure nothing was burnt or messed up before i take the time to hook it up. it all looks great except one thing caught my eye so i look up a gut shoot and see it is brunt off and missing. Is this going to effect it's performance or will it even work at all? Any help on this would be appreciatedView attachment 26536055

It right behind the power input, Sorry for the lack of knowledge but it's supposed to have to of the transistor looking things but ones burnt off. It's a Kicker KX2500 Thanks
what condition did he say it was supposed to be in? just curious

I traded a guy on here my subs for an amp. I get the amp and it looks rough so i figured if it works i'll deal with it. so i wanted to make sure nothing was burnt or messed up before i take the time to hook it up. it all looks great except one thing caught my eye so i look up a gut shoot and see it is brunt off and missing. Is this going to effect it's performance or will it even work at all? Any help on this would be appreciatedView attachment 26536055

link to thread on the trade or amp etc..

He said it had a couple scratches but it was perfect. I got yesterday and this thing looks bad! One of the reasons i opened it before hooking it up was you can see someone was prying on it to get it open because they didn't know how to do it. All mount hole bent to hell, Missing a screw to the speaker input and no end caps. The pic he directed me to was one he has that's in great shape. This thing has some rust starting and just bad shape. Very upset! I traded him 4 like new 10" Alpine r's

He said it had a couple scratches but it was perfect. I got yesterday and this thing looks bad! One of the reasons i opened it before hooking it up was you can see someone was prying on it to get it open because they didn't know how to do it. All mount hole bent to hell, Missing a screw to the speaker input and no end caps. The pic he directed me to was one he has that's in great shape. This thing has some rust starting and just bad shape. Very upset! I traded him 4 like new 10" Alpine r's

post link? and any msgs and so forth and who did you trade with

I don't want to put him out here just yet i want to give him a chance to make it right. I still think there is a few decent people in the world, LOl! But if he don't his name address and every bit of info will be up. It was a kicker kx2500.1 (Hint)

Looks like a reverse protection diode possibly. They are there to save the amp in case somebody hooks up the power inputs backwards. Perhaps somebody hooked the amp up backwards and the one closest to the power inputs failed and the other lived so they just nipped out the bad one and kept going. The amp wouldn't function any differently with that diode gone provided it is hooked up correctly. It may work just fine man. I would try to power it up with a 15 amp fuse in the power line and see what happens. If there are issues the fuse will pop before any more damage is done. If the amp powers on without nuking that fuse it may be ok and it may work but has obviously seen some abuse

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.