Nissan Pathfinder 02' SE Stock Radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

herschel

I believe it is shot. The sound is only working on the dash; it sounds like a 1930's radio.

I am not knowledgeable about car radio installation. Should I go to a box store (if so, which one), or should I purchase and install myself (if so, what websites are recommended).

Thanks for any and all advice

I am the same way, I don't know anything about stereos let alone how to install them. The first advice I would give is to go to a local car audio store that has everything and installs and talk I then. They will help you find a new stereo that fits your needs as well as a dash kit and wiring harness. The stereo can range anywhere from $80-$1500. The dash kit will be about $20 and so will the wiring harness. They will get the right dash kit and harness for you when you tell them what you need. As far as installing the stereo, it is simple. Just connect the wires from the the stereo with the same colors as the wires on the harness. I used butt connectors which makes it easy. Bout $5 for a pack of 20, they were 22-18 gauge. The dash kit has very detailed instructions on how to pop off the panels and everything. You can always as the guy at your local store as I did and he told me how to do everything so it was a breeze. If you want good prices for online, you can go to Crutchfield.com and talk to a product advisor and they can put everything in a cart for you that you need and you can end up getting the dash kit free and half off on the harness but you don't get the hands on experience from your local dealer. I suggest paying maybe a little more and going to a local shop as I did. Hope this helps!

The only things you really need are the head unit, wire harness, dash kit, butt connectors, wire strippers, crimpers (I used pliers", and a screwdriver and just follow the instructions. Crutch field also has a line you can call for help. You could always go the little bit more expensive route and get it installed by a car audio place for about $50. But if you are a little handy, you could easily do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.