Plywood layers

It's great but you're back to

PORTED BOX (FT3)2.25 - 2.75

Might as well use the HCCAs if you have them already.

These are pretty awesome too.

And another

Amazon product ASIN B014U941PQ
And another

And this thing is a BEAST

Budget would help. I am not a fan of any AB because of the quality of the last set I got from them where the spiders were not glued anywhere near enough and separated after light use.

I got to hear 2 of these recently...ported tuned to 32hz on 8k in an early 2000's Ford escape

They absolutely slammed no clue what they'd meter at but they were way louder than my 15's on 3k 🤣

Watched a youtube video. Got a discount code. Soon as I get more information on these as far as quality goes, and company reputation I'll make a decision.
I've only purchased an amplifier from them. It's great little 4 channel, excellent build quality for sure. That thing looks like it eats 15's for lunch!

Watched a youtube video. Got a discount code. Soon as I get more information on these as far as quality goes, and company reputation I'll make a decision.

Black brick, soundqubed, American bass etc, pretty much same factory in China builds these subs. Deaf bonce is made in China as well at ningbo factory (better quality build house). If you’re willing to spend $500 sub, I’d personally go Fi if I couldn’t build it myself.

Fi is a respectable sub too. That particular BB cost is right inbetween the Fi X and the much costlier HC. At a glance, the BB is on a par with the Fi HC (specwise) and about $300 less for a pair. My 2 cents...

Fi is a respectable sub too. That particular BB cost is right inbetween the Fi X and the much costlier HC. At a glance, the BB is on a par with the Fi HC (specwise) and about $300 less for a pair. My 2 cents...

Specs on paper can look really nice till the real world kicks in 😅. I’ve rebuilt alot of American bass, massive audio subs from those factories and the xmax figures they list are impossible to achieve mathematically (top plate thickness and winding width). These companies that play the rebadge game all do it cause of the profit that is involved. The deeper your pockets, the better prices you get and the more money you can make. The subs I built for my car are nothing crazy. Motors aren’t huge, just a 3” coil, and a 12 frame but everything is done right to get as much as possible. I did make a mistake though, thought I could get 4.5 cubes per sub so built the subs to work in that size enclosure and ended up with 3.65 each 🤣. If I rebuilt them with less layers on the spiders they would be even more insane. No idea how Honda does it but this windshield in my car somehow is still in one piece 🤣.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.mov
    19.1 MB
Specs on paper can look really nice till the real world kicks in 😅. I’ve rebuilt alot of American bass, massive audio subs from those factories and the xmax figures they list are impossible to achieve mathematically (top plate thickness and winding width). These companies that play the rebadge game all do it cause of the profit that is involved. The deeper your pockets, the better prices you get and the more money you can make. The subs I built for my car are nothing crazy. Motors aren’t huge, just a 3” coil, and a 12 frame but everything is done right to get as much as possible. I did make a mistake though, thought I could get 4.5 cubes per sub so built the subs to work in that size enclosure and ended up with 3.65 each 🤣. If I rebuilt them with less layers on the spiders they would be even more insane. No idea how Honda does it but this windshield in my car somehow is still in one piece 🤣.
I don't think the BB is a cookie cutter/China build house product. They are out of Denver and I think the subs are designed and made in FL? Regardless of where or who is assembling it, pretty confident that one isn't going to go wrong with either BB or Fi. DD Audio make great subs too, not seeing anything that stacks up against the Fi or the BB for the same price though. I stated it's on a par as it is rated higher in most categories - giving respect to the Fi driver in that sense. Not sure and cannot say it isn't worth the extra $300 dollars, can;t say it is either. I hope you have windshield insurance, at some point that thing is going to blow!!!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...