Skar Audio MA-8 vs JL w3 10 vs Sundown E series 10

Participant count
  • Participant list

JTriz631
10+ year member

i'VE got a kicker zx400.1 (449 RMS @ 2ohm)... want big (accurate) bass in a small enclosure. Pros and cons of each of these sub $200 woofers. Im also considering Infinity Kappa 120.9

I also have an MTX Thunder 942 amp lying around... stats on the back say

700 watts RMS bridged into 4 Ohms

and 940 Watts Dynamic Power (IHF-202) Bridged into 4 ohms (wtf does that mean)

can I use this MTX amp to power a pair of components or is that overkill? should I just be looking for a 700 watt woofer?

Trying to piece together a decent entry level system for my G35 with leftover scraps from my last two systems (in high school lol). Is this **** worth starting with or should I scrap it all? Was originally gonna go with a w6 but my head unit install ate up about half of my budget (cost me almost $1500 just to get the stock radio out)

I dont have a budget ANYMORE but I try to be as frugal as possible. Also if im buying a SINGLE woofer for that kicker amp I should be looking at DUAL 4 OHM voice coil configurations correct?

My listening preferences are RAP AND HIP HOP (70% of the time) then Old School/Current Rock, Old School/New R&B. Jazz, Pop and then the Electronica/House/Dubstep stuff (less than 2% of the time) in that order. So honestly I lsiten to a little bit of everything

i'VE got a kicker zx400.1 (449 RMS @ 2ohm)... want big (accurate) bass in a small enclosure. Pros and cons of each of these sub $200 woofers.
I dont have a budget ANYMORE but I try to be as frugal as possible. Also if im buying a SINGLE woofer for that kicker amp I should be looking at DUAL 4 OHM voice coil configurations correct?

My listening preferences are RAP AND HIP HOP (70% of the time) then Old School/Current Rock, Old School/New R&B. Jazz, Pop and then the Electronica/House/Dubstep stuff (less than 2% of the time) in that order. So honestly I lsiten to a little bit of everything
So you have 200 bucks for a D4 sub that you plan to give 400rms correct?

I'm gonna say SSA DCON, Alpine Type S or Dayton Reference HO.

All of these are very nice sounding subs that don't need huge boxes.

iirc, the DCON is most efficient with the Dayton being least efficient but most SQ oriented. The Alpine falls between the two and its the cheapest of them all.

Another thing to consider, though, is with a $200 budget u could get a sub that will handle more power than your amp can put out (no this won't harm the amp or sub) and this leaves you room to up your power later on.

In which case, I would vote for something like the Sundown SA or Alpine Type R.

Are you opposed to buying used? I know of a guy on this very forum with a JL 10w6v2 for 160 plus shipping obo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.