Sub fades in and out randomly

Participant count
  • Participant list

Loganbowser

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've had an ongoing problem where my amp will randomly start blinking the protect light consistently until I turn the car off then on. This causes the sub to turn on for one second and off for one second in a continuous loop. The speakers still produce continuous uninterrupted sound though. I have no idea what's wrong I've tried 3 different subs and they all produce the same outcome, it could be the amp, but sometimes I listen to music for an hour straight without it acting up. See video attached for clarification.

View attachment 0614191855(1).mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would tend to blame the amp more than tbe sub if all wiring checks out. Skar is known to be on the finicky side when abused (not enough power...
thanks DB, that definitely helps swallowing a $300 price tag 😂 these would essentially be running midbass for me too
What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
In that airspace you could go ported with th Si SQL 12@$369, hands down the best option in a 1.41 ported box. With 1000 watts RMS and 92 db...

About this thread

Loganbowser

CarAudio.com Newbie
Loganbowser
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
THATpurpleKUSH