Sub popping noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

toyosup88

Hey everyone! I'm having a problem i cant seem to figure out. I have a Kicker zxs1500.1 powering 2 cvx 10" subs in a custom tuned box. Whenever i turn it up with heavy bass like dubstep or something it makes a random, loud popping noise. Like in the middle of a long bass drop it will be like "POP" or "POPPOP". It started doing it after i put in the new custom box, but never did it in my old box (ported Crutchfield prefab). I tried hooking up my other amp, a Kicker zxs1000.1, and it didn't do it at all. So my question is could it be something wrong with the amp? or maybe the subs are bottoming out in my new box since its a little over rms? Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm having a problem i cant seem to figure out. I have a Kicker zxs1500.1 powering 2 cvx 10" subs in a custom tuned box. Whenever i turn it up with heavy bass like dubstep or something it makes a random, loud popping noise. Like in the middle of a long bass drop it will be like "POP" or "POPPOP". It started doing it after i put in the new custom box, but never did it in my old box (ported Crutchfield prefab). I tried hooking up my other amp, a Kicker zxs1000.1, and it didn't do it at all. So my question is could it be something wrong with the amp? or maybe the subs are bottoming out in my new box since its a little over rms? Thanks!
this...what is different about the custom box vs the pre-fab?

did you run the 1500 amp on the subs in the old box? It sounds like you are over powering them, another question is did you load the new box in the vehicle different? I think you are realizing why most people here detest Kicker subs...

did you run the 1500 amp on the subs in the old box? It sounds like you are over powering them, another question is did you load the new box in the vehicle different? I think you are realizing why most people here detest Kicker subs...
yes i had the 1500 amp with the old box for like 7 months and no settings were changed when i put in the new box. Yeah i know...I wish i did more research before i got the cvx's.... Im thinking of getting something nicer like Sundowns

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.