Triple sub wiring on a US Amps XT4000D

Participant count
  • Participant list

ta2ed9783

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, I have three 10" Alpine type R's and they are all dual 4ohm. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could wire them all to 2 ohms and run em parallel to .6 ohms on a US Amps xt4000d? Can this amp handle that load? If not, could I run two of them to 8 ohms and the other one to 2 ohms and run em parallel to get a 1.3 ohm load? would this send too much power to the sub wired at 2 ohms? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In comment to Garychoffmann, no, you cannot run the XT amps under 1 ohm. They will go into protect and get EXTREMELY hot if they don't. You can run 2 at 2ohms, wire them together to equal 1 ohm, and then series them to the other one at 2 ohms giving you a 1.3 to 1.6 ohm load. That's the best wiring configuration for that amp. The XT amps can't do what the traditionally made in the usa high end Us Amps could.

I hate wiring subs that way. some always seem to work harder than the others. I would consider going with just a pair, then buy another amp and sub to match then have 4 of them ******* in there.

well I just wired them all three in parallel outside of a box and put a d.m.m. on there and it read .8 ohms. So do you think with box rise I will be over 1ohm?

I mean, Ive been running this amp at 1ohm hard as a daily driver and its never even gotten warm. What about a Concept cc-d1200? Would it be a better candidate for three subs parallel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.