Very odd problem, one channel on amp cuts out. fixed by locking/unlocking doors

Darkstrike120

Ok so here is a weird one for you guys. Just recently one of the channels on my 4 channel alpine amp seems to cut out. when it does it is accompanied by some very loud static by its paired speaker. The weird part is it fixes itself if i hit the lock/unlock button on my door panel. Not joking...... I have no idea what to do about this. Also the static it gives off does not depend on what volume i have my radio at. It is the same volume no matter how loud i have the rest of the speakers. This happens pretty frequently but every time SO FAR it can be corrected by unlocking/locking the doors.

I am using the fh-x700bt from pioneer. The weird thing is if I swap which channel the speakers go to I can change which speakers get the static. Therefor i don't think there can be a problem with the speakers themselves or the wiring to my amp. Originally it was the left fronts that were cutting out. However I was able to swap the channels on the amp and make the right fronts the problem.

Welp, sounds like something is wired wrong. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Sounds like the lock mechanism is hitting your speaker wires.
+1 on this ^ being the likely cause. Pull the offending speaker and door panel off and look for a frayed wire or poor connection somewhere in that door/speaker.

But there is no way to tell which speaker is the issue because it changes based on which channel I hook the speaker into my amp. There is no single speaker that is giving me the issue. Its just whatever is speaker is hooked into channel 1 on my amp.

Its just whatever is speaker is hooked into channel 1 on my amp.
Just to clarify... All of the speakers work fine when plugged into channels 2, 3, 4 - but no speakers work without static if plugged into channel 1? If it is isolated to channel 1 on your amp having an issue, I would suspect that channel has fried. Again, double-check your RCA's and try swapping from the other channels RCA's to channel 1 and see if your problem moves.

yes correct. However hitting my power door lock button fixes the issue temporarily. Obviously it makes me think the amp is bad. But im confused as to how the door lock button is interfering with my channel one.

No, that tells me that your power door lock mechanism is hitting your speaker wires... I would pull your door panel off and see if the rods or lock is hitting the speaker or the wires going to it.

I would do more investigating at the amp before ripping apart all doors. did you try swapping rca's and see if the problem jumps around with the rca's or if it only jumps when speaker wires are swapped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.