Water damage

Participant count
  • Participant list

RDSHunter
10+ year member

Hello, just found out two days ago that theres a leak somewhere in my driver side window seal. I looked at my rainbow slx265s and the coil was SOAKED. I put in one of my buddies older jl speakers and it was my lucky week and it rained again last night so the "new" speaker is most likely wet. Can running it wet hurt my amp? Im going to purchase some waterproof baffles to solve the problem asap but in the mean time i just want to know if the water on the speaker (on the terminals coil and magnet) can damage my amp in any way. On a side note, does anyone know if speaker baffles need to give each speaker a different amount of space to work optimally and not reduce sq? Thanks

on the baffles you buy, cut a tiny piece out of them in the back like under the speaker, otherwise prepare for ****** sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.