Researched and narrowed it to three, which would you choose?

Which amp to power a 600w rms 12" DVC sub, 2ohm load?

• Total voters
aq makes some great amps. my friend has 2 3500's and they have been legit. now i have had my discus for like a year and 3 months. not a single issue. doesn't get hot only warm in the dead of summer. very easy on the electrical also. in fact i will find another one to strap to my sa's
Split between AQ and MBQ. Hmmmm...

Thanks man. If your pushing 2 600rms subs, I would probably go with the 1500, unless the AQ does more than rated. I like to have extra power on tap, you will probably lose a bit through the system. Also, I like to bump up a wire size when I hit 1000wrms. MB has the 2 gauge.

I also use a rubber washer between the amp feet and mounting surface. Someone mentioned the plastic feet. Peace.

Andy
Sounds like the AQ might do a tad more than rated, but that's only what I've been able to gather from spending excessive amounts of time wading through threads not unlike this one. Although this one is turning out to hold more significant, logical debate and info.

And nope, just one DVC 12" rated at 600rms and I'm wired w/2 gauge. Kinda odd, just picked up some rubber spacers as well. But that was in hopes of better airflow and cooling than mounting.

And yes, having that extra power was a thought. But again, we're talking about 130 watts between the MBQ and AQ. Pretty nominal.

Everything has an opportunity cost. I just believe that the opportunity cost of getting an AQ versus an MBQ is too high. For that reason, I don't think it's worth getting the AQ. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's where I stand, against the majority of car audio's number one nuthugging site.
You make a good argument Bobb, appreciate you doing so.

Not answering the direct question' date=' simply the generalization:
People sometimes toss around "psychoacoustics". Believing something is better can make you perceive it as better. And sometimes, a higher price tag causes this belief and perception. It's very common. Is brand name Ibuprofen better than the Walgreens equivalent? The ingredients and proportions are identical; the names and price are not.[/quote']

Thank you, this was what I was getting at.

Regardless, Sundown and MBQ shouldn't be compared since Sundown is American made and MBQ isn't.

You make a good argument Bobb, appreciate you doing so.
You should probably appreciate my opinion most, since I'm running an Audi with Quattro as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And if yours is a 5-cylinder, which I'm assuming it is, then I've got you there as well. Great minds think alike hahaha

You should probably appreciate my opinion most, since I'm running an Audi with Quattro as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And if yours is a 5-cylinder, which I'm assuming it is, then I've got you there as well. Great minds think alike hahaha
I am biased and proud. This omission ups the value of your opinion.

You assume correctly... my 3rd on both accounts. Besides, and Audi sans quattro is just a fancy VW. Unless of course it's an R32. But we'll leave that for another forum.

is sundown american made? or are the parts from overseas and perhaps put together here?
no i think depending on the amp chinese or korean made. my sa's were made in china lutz. op you will not go wrong on the aq or the quart.

no i think depending on the amp chinese or korean made. my sa's were made in china lutz. op you will not go wrong on the aq or the quart.
but bob said they are american made! and he is giving advice! hahah

just kidding bob. but i dont think they are american made. but jacob buts them through a quality test to ensure they arent crap which a lot of companies probably dont do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...